For a while now Champions seem way to easy and abundant to obtain.
Champions should be a little harder to get, as of right now, to become a champion all you need to do is:
- Pray unlimited number of timers until you become priest and keep going until champion.
I want to make it a little more effort to keep this status because by going champion you instantly get the following
- 50-75% damage reduction
- Instant +5 to all stats
- Instant CR bonuses to fighting
- Better Casting
- Instant +50 to religion skills
- Faster Favor gain
You essentially become overpowered in a sense because of all of these instant bonuses. There isn't much work to get it either.
I want to create a system where players have to work to keep this instead of creating many alts and just having them be champion forever with no fear of loosing it because they do not fight or risk dying. I will say now that I want this system to extremely fair and balanced.
I've made the system extremely accessible but by doing so, removed the grind to getting this status and keeping it. At this time, we are looking at our options and can't bring any certain changes to the system.
At this time, my ideas for changing this system are the following:
- Bring back champion points but not for casting, but for keeping champion status. You will get these points by hunting, or killing uniques or any other means really. It is not just limited to those things as it can be anything. I want the player to grind for them to keep this status. Something like 100 points for 1 month which tick down over the course of a month. If you hit 0 points, you will be dechamped. This would stop alot of alts that never get used but only for casting.
- Make it a little harder to get champion in the first place, like new requirements or bring back a certain amount of prays you can do every day instead of unlimited prays.
- Hardset limit on time you can be a champion like before (which is 6 months) instead of champion forever.
I do not want to remove any bonuses on champions at the moment, instead I want players to work a little harder to get it or keep the status because at the moment, there isn't much if any effort to keeping it besides the risk of dechamping by 3 deaths.
My goal with this thread is to create a constructive discussion and ideas for changing this system within the community.